Monday, May 2, 2016

A Joke Too Far...

Hey there,

Short post this time because it's late and I actually just remembered I could upload this here.

Console War, transparent background
Console War, black background
So what's this? Well, some of you may have seen this article showcasing an Xbox One with Stark Industries branding and an Arc Reactor embedded in the top. If you haven't, then click that link and you'll be all caught up. So obviously this is a tie-in to the upcoming Captain America: Civil War movie and the memes began flying almost immediately. I saw someone had made the Captain America: Console War joke already and I thought it was funny. Then I thought to myself, well, lets throw together that logo in Photoshop to make the joke funnier.

Suffice it to say, the joke was not funnier. In fact, I don't think anyone aside from me found it the least bit amusing... and after about an hour of editing, I saw that outcome coming... but I'd gone too far to quit so I finished it and here it is presented with both a black and transparent background. I'm happy with the result and actually it was pretty simple to build, just a huge pain for absolutely no reason. I guess we all make mistakes.

I'm also tossing up the actual logo for reference.
This is that actual logo I referred to literally seconds ago.
Now I'm the first to admit I didn't nail it exactly. I was working from a lower-rez version than you see above so I improvised somewhat and... again... joke. I was just going to capture the feel of it and got a bit greedy. All in all though, I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

"...you should not pick a fight with this person." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for commenting. Very soon, your comment will be rushed through our quality assurance department and either added or returned to you personally by our trained "Sodomonkey". Which is every bit as painful as it sounds.