Saturday, October 18, 2014

Universal Shirts - Behold my failure

Okay so I showed you the Haunted Mansion shirts for the Disneyland trip, but on the last day, we're actually going to Universal Studios as well. I had a really simple design for a shirt for it...it was pretty boring honestly. I sort of made it quickly, but the guys liked it. Turned out certain bad habits prevented it from being used and so I had to start from scratch. Coming off a relative high from the other shirts I decided to make something more unique for Universal as well.

It turned out to be a rather serious lapse in judgement on my part.

Here's the lineart...which, I don't know. I still don't hate.

Lineart
Can you tell what it's supposed to be? Yeah, don't feel bad. No one else can either. I'll give you a hint. The Wolf Man, The Monster, Dracula, and The Bride. No, not Uma Thurman. The other one.

Colors...sort of. 
And as you can see in the shading phase, things went tragically, horribly, terribly wrong. I suppose it's my fault. Because I did it and all. Maybe I'm just out of practice with my tablet.

The design
Anyway, as I said, I'm going to post things here that are good and bad. This is the latter, but I posted it anyway. So I'm still ahead in the point spread!

"As 6?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for commenting. Very soon, your comment will be rushed through our quality assurance department and either added or returned to you personally by our trained "Sodomonkey". Which is every bit as painful as it sounds.