Wednesday, August 18, 2010

More Old-Timer Goodness

Hey folks,

This one is pretty straightforward. I'm in charge of the box art for G.I. Gramps (awesome) and though the box itself isn't finished, I thought I'd give you a little taste of what the front art is gonna look like.

This is a pretty important piece for be because if you'll notice, there's no outlines. Yes, this is the first time I've ever done anything I really liked without an outline (well , that's probably not true, I'm sure there was something else I may have forgotten somewhere along the line).

Anyway, this doesn't have an outline, and I love it anyway. G.I. Gramps is rapidly shaping up to be one of my favorite projects.

Just do you know, too, when the whole thing is done, I'll be posting the commercial as well as the model here so you guys can take a look at the whole thing in it's aged glory.


My only regret is that you don't get to see much of the detail on the actual box. Sadness.

"In your minds eye lives a memory hard to find, blinded by sorrow. And a cold voice sings a melody, hear it sing. Hell frozen rain falls down."
-Hell Frozen Rain, Akira Yamaoka

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for commenting. Very soon, your comment will be rushed through our quality assurance department and either added or returned to you personally by our trained "Sodomonkey". Which is every bit as painful as it sounds.