Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cool Vids From Yesteryear and FONTMANIA!

I haven't decided if I am going to break up posts with different subjects yet, but for now, I don't think so. It seems silly if I have multiple things to post about and something might get missed in the fray. Hey, I'm not so stuffy as Kotaku just yet.

So, thanks to Netflix and my XBox 360, I have now enjoyed the entire series of John Cleese and Connie Booths' Fawlty Towers. For those of you not in the know, it's a surpringly popular British comedy sitcom from the 1970's about a hyperactive hotelier, and was voted one of Britan's best sitcoms of all time. So that got me to thinking; there was ANOTHER British sitcom I used to love on PBS, right before Keeping Up Appearances, and I really wanted to give it another look see. Unfortunately, the BBC's website yielded no adequate results.

So I found this website:





which has afforded me the ability to watch a great deal of the show; Mother and Son (as it turns out, it's Australian-based, not British). Watch the show. It's dark humor, but always good. Here's a teaser of an episode.



And to top things off, a great font site (they're free) shown to me by a teacher, though it's probably pretty well known. Indeed, I myself have used this site before, but I always bypassed it in favor of 1001 free fonts dot com. Anyway, check out this site for fonts.

http://www.dafont.com

"Yes, you'll be closer to the door then, for when you leave..."
-Maggie Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for commenting. Very soon, your comment will be rushed through our quality assurance department and either added or returned to you personally by our trained "Sodomonkey". Which is every bit as painful as it sounds.