Friday, August 29, 2014

Bitter Springs Concept Art

This is just going to be a short post - something I've been meaning to put up for awhile now. I did this pencil sketch of a town I created for a game called Bitter Springs. It's a town built on the side of a mountain. I like the sketch quite a bit...it's a little different than I'm used to working, but I hope to get better at it.

Bitter Springs b/w


The town is in a fair state of disrepair, obviously...I think that comes across fairly well. I like the clock tower too... I don't know why, but lately I've just been really enamored with the idea of them. I wish they were more culturally relevant today...

I suppose they'd be more useful if we didn't all have clocks everywhere we went.




Color Treatment.


I'm not gonna lie here. I stumbled pretty bad on the color pass. I was trying a new thing...sort of attempting to mimic water color and I failed pretty spectacularly. It gets the overall mood across, I suppose...in some areas. I don't know. I'll really need to spend some more time messing with the look in the future. Or begin painting with actual paints again.





In the end, I don't hate this piece. It's not one of my strongest in some areas, but in other ways, I think it's quite good. If I could just keep the pencil sketch and have that be useful, I'd be quite happy.

"Hey! Those are street shoes on the gym floor!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for commenting. Very soon, your comment will be rushed through our quality assurance department and either added or returned to you personally by our trained "Sodomonkey". Which is every bit as painful as it sounds.