Thursday, June 27, 2013

I'm back baybeh.

It's been a long while since I posted. Well, hopefully that nonsense is over with. I've been designing like hell lately. Some stuff I can't share yet, but some I can. The stuff that follows is in the latter category.

Recently I was re-acquainted with Adobe Illustrator, a program which used to frustrate me to no end which now...well, still frustrates me to no end. But I am beginning to remember what vector graphics are good for and with the practice I've been putting in lately, I am beginning to enjoy it again.

These are all assets from a chat-based game that is now open set in the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic universe (partially) called New Worlds.










Those signs are the first run of ones that actually go in the chat to identify which room you're in. I thought it was a bit snazzier than plain text and apparently the coder agreed with me. Considering they were something of a learning project -as is everything with Illustrator right now- I think they came out well...I will say this. Masking in this program SUCKS. Maybe I use it too much in Photoshop...

I have more, and I'll add them later. Trying to get back in the habit of updating.

For those of you interested in the projects I -can't- show you, I designed three new corporate logos and branding in some cases. I have to get approval to display those here.

"Hyeeaahhhh! Hyeeaahhhh! Hyeeaahhhh! Hyeeaaaaahhhhhhhhh!"
-The Phantom of Krankor (Prince of Space)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for commenting. Very soon, your comment will be rushed through our quality assurance department and either added or returned to you personally by our trained "Sodomonkey". Which is every bit as painful as it sounds.